I have a submission for your Tumblr; however, it’s just a story and not a photo, since I resigned from my position where I had to teach in this classroom. There were many things terrible about this classroom, including insufficient and unreliable lighting, technology that would not work with my Mac (“too bad,” I was told by IT), fixed seats unsuitable to a discussion-based literature course, and a basement location.
But what made it truly a Classroom of Shame is that it was infested with mold. The facilities folks put in two dehumidifiers as a response to the problem, but it was impossible to run them and also hold a discussion, due to the noise. Every time I had to teach, my ears turned bright red and itchy (a reaction from the mold) and my allergies and those of students acted up. It was a health hazard, and the administration knew about it, and all they did was offer two dehumidifiers and told us to deal with it.
This was at a private liberal arts college in the Midwest.